To be able to do quality enhancement reviews or accreditation procedures independently in various European countries, MusiQuE has to be recognised by and listed on the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR). To gain this recognition MusiQuE underwent an external evaluation and was assessed against the latest version of the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG).
MusiQuE has been visited by an external Review Panel on 1 and 2 July. The Panel was composed of international experts in quality assurance. The following members were on the team:
- Daniel Sher (Team chair), Dean Emeritus, College of Music, University of Colorado Boulder
- Andre Sursock (Team member), Senior Adviser, European University Association
- Jeffrey Sharkey (Team member), Principal, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Iring Wasser (Team member), Managing Director, Accreditation Agency for Engineering, Informatics, Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Jordan Gregoris (Team member), Masters Student, Haute Ecole de Musique de Lausanne
- Pieter-Jan Van de Velde (Team secretary), Staff Member, Flemish Higher Education Council
Many thanks to the participants!
The external Review Panel interviewed reviewers involved in AEC and MusiQuE review procedures, as well as representatives of reviewed institutions and programmes, and representatives of accreditation agencies which have cooperated with MusiQuE. The programme of the review visit, including a detailed list of participants, can be found in the review schedule. The willingness of the participants to travel to Brussels and the support they expressed during the interviews with the Review Panel gave a great boost to the further development of MusiQuE.
The external Review Coordinator is currently drafting its final report. The report will be delivered to MusiQuE in September. The EQAR Committee will assess MusiQuE’s application on the basis of the report drafted by the external Review Panel in spring 2016.