Services offered by MusiQuE
MusiQuE provides the following services:
Within the scope of (and therefore in compliance with) the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG):
- Quality enhancement reviews for institutions, programmes and joint programmes
- Accreditation processes for institutions, programmes and joint programmes
- Bilateral collaborations with national and international quality assurance and accreditation agencies
Outside the scope of the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) due to the specific and/or limited nature of the service or due to a focus of the service on levels of education other than higher education:
- Quality assurance support desk for institutions
- Evaluations of research activities
- Reviews of pre-college institutions and programmes
- Consultative visits
- Coordination of benchmarking projects
The various types of services offered by MusiQuE are described in a detailed manner in the dedicated subpages. Any aspect of the procedures might, however, be altered and adjusted to the specific needs of institutions or (joint) programmes. MusiQuE review procedures aim to be flexible and are designed in such a way that they can be easily adapted to different circumstances. MusiQuE will therefore be open to consider in consultation with the institution or (joint) programme how its services can be reshaped in order to fit better to the institution's specific needs and national context.
When an institution to which MusiQuE has provided any of its services in the previous years, requests another service from MusiQuE, the following principles apply:
- The MusiQuE Board first investigates if any conflict of interest would arise, that might compromise the result and quality of the service to be provided. Conflicts of interest are most likely to arise if an institution having requested a consultative visit contacts MusiQuE for a review or accreditation procedure. If no potential conflict of interest is found, the MusiQuE Board approves the request for this new procedure.
- The Review Team selected by the Board for the new service can never include the same individuals as the Review Team (or individual reviewer) having conducted the first procedure.